Walk the Walk with Bugle the Assaye Elephant on Sat 11 Aug 18!
Support the Museum by having a great time at our sponsored walk around Great Cumbrae – a great day out for all the family!
A brief outline of the day is as follows:
*0830-0900: meet at RHF Museum
*0900: embark coach & drive to Largs
*c1030: embark Largs-Great Cumbrae ferry (8 mins)
*c1038: arrive ferry terminal, Great Cumbrae
*1100: Walk begins
*1600: Walk officially ends
*c1630: embark Largs-Great Cumbrae ferry (8 mins)
c1638: arrive Largs & return to RHF Museum
Of course, as soon as you have completed the Walk, you are free to enjoy the delights of Millport, until it is time for the coach to depart.
There will be 3 routes:
* 1. Assaye: Adults (fit): 10.25 miles
* 2. Blenheim: Adults (not so fit) & older children 7 miles
* 3. Inkerman: Adults (not at all fit) & younger children 4 miles
There should be no stigma about the route chosen – everyone should be encouraged to walk the route most suitable for them – this is a family fun day – not a competition!
Walkers will agree to raise a minimum amount of money through sponsorship:
* adult: minimum of £50
* maw, paw & weans under 15 years: minimum of £100
* grandmaw, grandpaw & grandweans: minimum of £100
* couples: minimum of £75-100
In return, each walker will receive:
* coach & ferry travel to Cumbrae
* medal for completing the course – whichever is chosen!
Sponsorship forms from Museum or email firstname.lastname@example.org